ABOUT THE SUMMIT
An international summit held in Ghana to discuss Legacy, Communities and Innovation, 400 years since the beginning of the transatlantic slave trade.
In the context of the United Nations International Decade for People of African Descent (2015-2024) and Ghana’s National 'Year of Return', HACSA’s flagship Summit brings together Heads of State, opinion leaders, practitioners, academics and participants from Africa and the diaspora to have open and meaningful debate on the 400 Year Legacy of the Trans-Atlantic Trade in Enslaved African People, to Link, Reunite and Reconcile affected Communities and share examples of Innovation and creative strategies to overcome its debilitating and persisting effects.
The Summit will include Keynote Speakers, Panel Discussions, Academic Presentations, Exhibitions, a Film Screening, a Remembrance and Candlelight Vigil, a Gala Dinner Dance showcasing African Food, Fashion and Music and Guided Tours of key Heritage Sites in Ghana.
Letter from UNESCO
As you are no
doubt aware, thé International Décade of Peoples of African Descent is of gréât
importance to UNESCO... Read more
What is the social, economic and psychological impact and legacy 400 years on?
- How have communities coped with the effects of the slave trade on their societies?
- Is there a need for truth and reconciliation? Can divided communities be reunited?
- How have the creative arts contributed to discourse, reconciliation and the healing process?
- Can innovation create opportunities to reverse the debilitating effects that still persist in Africa and the diaspora?
- High-level discussions on current topics of importance to the socioeconomic development of Africa and Africans in the diaspora.
- LINK, REUNITE AND RECONCILE communities affected by the slave trade.
- Discuss how the CREATIVE ARTS and modern INNOVATIONS provide HOPE for healing and overcoming its debilitating and devastating effects.
President John Kufuor
Former President of Ghana
H.E. Rebecca Akufo-Addo
First Lady of Ghana
H.E. Henri Lopes
Author / Former Prime Minister The Republic of Congo
Pierre De Gaetan Njikam, Deputy Mayor of Bordeaux
Dr. Thomas Mensah
Chemical Engineer & Pioneer of Fibre Optics
President & CEO Council for a Strong America
Former Ambassador of Benin to Turkey
Ghanaian born British Actor
Daughter of Dr Kwame Nkrumah Ghana's First President
Dr. Wazi Apoh
Senior Lecturer in the Department of Archaeology and Heritage Studies, University of Ghana
Dr Patrick Adukwei Clerk
Descendant of Alex Worthy ClerkDentist, Los Angeles, California
Dr. Jemima Nunoo, Lecturer, (GIMPA)
Technology Strategy Analyst
Dr. Kwame Boakye
Summit Registration Includes:
- TEDx Osu
- Tour of Accra
- 3 Day Full Summit Access (including lunch and tea breaks)
- Welcome Reception
- Film Screening
- Remembrance Ceremony
- Gala Dinner (with a musical concert and fashion show)
- Archaeological Exhibition
- Business Investment and Trade Expo
- Detailed Programme (Click here)
Summit Registration Excludes:
- Flights (Discounted travel with Lufthansa Group Partner Airlines)
- Accommodation (Click here)
- Regional Tours (Click here)
- Visa Information( Click here)
HACSA's Planning Committee
Marketing and Communication,